Friday 5 August 2011

Kindle final test not so easy

When it comes to self-publishing on Kindle it's pretty easy if you have any sort of computer literacy, but I've come across a slight glitch in the final step.

My latest book, The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. - The Curious Case Of The Kidnapped Chemist had gone through all the various pre-checks and even the dtp online preview.

All I needed to do was to publish it, buy it and then unpublish it whilst I checked it out on my own kindle as a final check.

Unfortunately,  the system doesn't allow for that. The book was published and became available to download almost immediately, but on the dtp platform it is still marked as 'publishing' hours later and I am unable to upload a new version that deals with two very minor formatting issues that have somehow cropped up in the final dtp translation until whatever process that denotes is completed.

This is one of the few times that I am hoping that nobody notices the book until I can get the new file uploaded and the issues resolved.